You hear me say over and over again there is nothing easy, instant, comfortable, convenient, or safe when it comes to success.
SUCCESS IS NOT NATURAL!!
I see most of you striving for more success each and every day.
Let me ask you…
How much enjoyment are you experiencing in the pursuit of success?
What if you gave up this pursuit all together and looked at your life and business in a different way?
I believe most of you are attached to achieving a specific result.
This is what drives you each and every day.
AND THIS IS WHAT DRIVES YOU CRAZY EACH AND EVERY DAY!!
In your mind the only way you are going to be happy is if you achieve a certain result.
Anything less is a failure.
The challenge with this type of thinking is this…
Results are temporary. They come and they go. It is the natural cycle of life.
And because results are temporary…
You never experience real happiness or joy.
Instead what you experience is fleeting moments of pleasure when things go your way and lots of pain and suffering because most of the time you are not getting the result you want.
DOES THIS FEEL FAMILIAR IN ANY WAY?
Here is a very interesting question…
What is more important to you?
A higher level of Self Awareness?
What journey are you on in life?
The pursuit of success or…
A greater understanding of who you really are?
I want you to stop and think about this for a moment.
WHY ARE YOU ON THIS PLANET?
Are you here because you are supposed to achieve a certain result?
Are you here to be YOU?
How would you answer this question?
Do you truly understand the greatest privilege of a lifetime is being who YOU are, and not someone else?
Do you truly understand you are unique?
Do you truly understand you are one of a kind?
Do you truly understand there is no one like you on this earth?
SO WHY ARE YOU SO FOCUSED ON BEING SOMETHING OTHER THAN YOU TRULY ARE?
I can ask the same question when it comes to business.
Are you in real estate to achieve a certain result?
Are you in real estate because it is the perfect expression of who you are?
Think about this for a moment.
What if you approached your business in the following way…
- What if you took a life long perspective on your business not a one minute perspective? What if you stopped looking for a short cut, a formula, a magic pill, an easier or faster way, a “better result”?
- What if you realized everything you need to be YOU is already inside you and what if you went inside, not outside for true wisdom?
- What if you treated this business like a real business vs. a paycheck? What if you spent more time, study, effort and money building a solid foundation to your business? The right strategies, the right systems, the right people, the right execution? What if the focus of your business was providing more in “use value” than you received in “cash value”?
- What if you always put your client’s interests first… no matter what?
- What if you did the “right thing” because it is the “right thing” to do not because it will create a certain result?
- What if you replaced HOPE with TRUTH?
- What if you replaced the obsession with results with a consistent effort to become a better real estate professional, one who continually provides more value to his or her clients? More thought, more knowledge, more expertise, more skill, more experience, etc.
- What if you slowed down? What if you stopped rushing from thing to thing to thing? What if you were more present? What if you took more time to think each day? What if you stopped overcommitting and over-promising? What if you stopped trying to get everything done and focused instead on what was truly important? What if you stopped to see the beauty in everything you do and everyone around you?
- What if you stopped comparing yourself to others? What if you stopped competing with others? What if you stopped worrying what other people thought?
- What if you simply STOPPED doing the things that stop you from growing? What if you were to let go of your false beliefs, your attachments, your fears, your expectations, your ego, your pride, your selfishness, your greed, your wanting to coerce and control situations… anything that gets in the way of you being YOU?
Life is truly a journey. The reward is…
THE JOURNEY ITSELF!!
Don’t ever lose site of this.
There is no result worth losing your life over.
In fact there is nothing that can happen in the future that will make you more happy or life more enjoyable.
The only day you have is TODAY!!
The only way to have a better today is to have a better understanding of YOU!!
Please take some time today and every day…
TO THINK ABOUT YOU… AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR LIFE… AND WHY!!
Have a wonderful TODAY!!